Plant and process addition for P&H Milling (formally Dover Flour)
Sheridan Electric was responsible for the electrical installation of a new flour intake system, flour transfer system, and flour load out system. Offering a total turn-key solution, our team of Engineers designed an Electrical system around the customers wants and needs and our team of Electricians and controls personnel installed all necessary conduits, sensors, and related electrical components including a new 4000A service.
Details of the project include:
- Installation of a new 4000A Service and related Power Factor Correction Unit and re-feeding to the existing 1200A service.
- Engineering, programming and interconnections of three independent Siemens control systems in two separate parts of the facility.
- Design and construction of all control cabinets and drive cabinets completed by Sheridan Electrics panel shop.
- All equipment areas were rated at Class 2 Div 1 or Class 2 div 2. Rigid piping was mandatory throughout the facility and a large portion of the installation required explosion proof material.
- Installation of proximity sensors and limit switches for diverter valves, silo gates, conveyor speed, conveyor blockages, and much more. All of which provide instant feedback and control to the operating rooms.
- Installation and connection of a new Motor Control Center (MCC) in one of the new electrical control rooms.
- Installation of Watch Dog sensor units for flour elevator monitoring (bearing temperature, elevator speeds, belt alignment and more).
- Installation of flow balancer units and load cell feedback units for controlling Silo discharge rates into the system (all rated intrinsically safe).
- Installation of 23 Endress + Hauser radar units for measuring Silo volume.
- Installation of lighting systems throughout the plant including between and underneath the flour silos.
- Design and installation of emergency lighting systems throughout the facility.